- Securing your Web Site with Membership and Login Controls
(Lesson 9 of the Beginners series)
This tutorial demonstrates the uses of all the controls in the Login toolbox. It’s relatively simple and didn’t go into all the specific details of each control. It also shows how to use restrict people with authentication (User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) and specific roles (Roles.IsUserRole(“Administrator”) to access to certain pages or see certain portions of a page. Very good introductory video to get started.
- How Do I: Customize my Site with Profiles and Themes
(#6 on How-Do-I series)
This tutorial video shows how to add the default profile provider in web.config, as well as how to access the defined profile information thru code behind. In addition, it shows how to use skin files as themes, specify in web.config, and then dynamically change to different themes in code behind.
The most important is to set Page.Theme = Profile.MyTheme; in Page_PreInit.
- How Do I: Secure my Site using Membership and Roles
(#7 on How-Do-I series)
This tutorial is pretty much the same as the one in the Beginners series, which demonstrates the controls in Login toolbox. Also, it shows ways to hide the page contents based upon Roles and Users.
- How Do I: Create a Full-Featured Customer Login Portal
(#9 on How-Do-I series)
This tutorial again demonstrates the controls in the Login toolbox, almost identical to #7.
- How Do I: Set up the SQL Membership Provider
(#13 on How-Do-I series)
- How Do I: Create a Custom Membership Provider
(#18 on How-Do-I series)
- How Do I: Create a Custom Profile Provider
(#19 on How-Do-I series)
- Basic ASP.NET Authentication in an AJAX Enabled Application
(#70 on ASP.NET Ajax series)
By Bryan Xu
- Posted by Bryan Xu
- On April 1, 2008
- 0 Comments